Saturday 28 April 2007

Extra Inches

Wednesday 3rd May ‘06

I am writing this one month after my original good resolutions, stuffing my face with chocolate and watching a programme in which they are giving cosmetic surgery to a woman who lost about 20 stone and now has huge flaps excess skin all over her body. I tried, I really did. I went for lots of walks over the holiday, I cycled, I even went running…twice. It’s just that it’s hard trying to lose weight with my Mother’s birthday, Easter, and then my birthday to contend with. It could have definitely been worse. I will start afresh soon. I promise. On a brighter note, against all the odds, I have completed four 50s circle skirts and petticoat, all done I might add, without the aid of a pattern. It took a while but it was worth it, it’s amazing how much more authenticity a couple of inches on a hemline gives you.

No comments: